Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Beginnings

We Americans have a new President today! I, for one, am thrilled and am looking forward to what a true leader is going to do with this position. I've been a fan of Obama's since spring/summer and made sure I voted for him the primaries as well as the presidential election. I couldn't be more happy about how both turned out. What a great cause for celebration.

Days like today make me proud to be American. Here is a man. A black man. Not a wealthy man. But an incredibly bright man. Rising to the top position in the country. Walking down the street to the oval office with his beautiful bride by his side. How moving! How happy it makes me that we are able to speak and act in this country. It's a beautiful thing. And it just keeps getting more beautiful all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment